Additionally, TOP SAFETY PICK winners must be available with good or acceptable headlights. The “plus” designation is given to models that have good or acceptable headlights across all trim levels and packages.
All four models feature Nissan Safety Shield® 360 as standard equipment. Nissan Safety Shield® 360 is a comprehensive system of cameras, radar technology and sonar that works to monitor in front, behind and beside the vehicle as it drives, and can step in to help keep the driver and occupants safe. Both the Rogue and Sentra offer the most standard safety features in their respective classes.
Both awards require good ratings in all six IIHS crashworthiness tests — driver- and passenger-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraints. Award winners must be available with front crash prevention that earns a superior or advanced rating in both vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluations.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is an independent, nonprofit scientific and educational organization dedicated to reducing the losses — deaths, injuries and property damage — from motor vehicle crashes.
1. 2021 TSP+ rating is awarded to Nissan Maxima built after Nov. 2020
2. For more information, see www.iihs.org.
3. Safety Shield technologies can’t prevent all collisions or warn in all situations. See Owner’s Manual for important safety information.
4. AutoPacific Segmentation. 2021 Rogue vs. latest in-market competitors (excludes EV competitors). See Owner’s Manual for safety information. 5. Availability of features vary by vehicle model year, model, trim level, packaging and options. Base Models Compared. Based on manufacturers' websites.
5. Ward's Upper-Small Segmentation. 2021 Sentra vs. latest in-market competitors. See Owner’s Manual for safety information. Availability of features vary by vehicle model year, model, trim level, packaging and options. Base models compared. Based on manufacturers' websites.